19 9 / 2014
Student A: *Waiving furiously* HI MISS C!!!!
Student B: HI MISS C!!!!!!
Me: Hi ladies! Have fun!
Student A: She loves me more!
Student B: No, I’m her favorite.
Me: I love you all equally.
Students A-E: YAY! Bye Miss C!!!
I’ve had them for 21 days. How cute.
On a side note I almost cried when I former student (who left the school for a magnet school on her mother’s wishes) was at the game and hugged me and was almost crying about how much she missed me and how well she’s doing in English now because of me.
And on a terrible note, my roommate’s dog has fleas. I want to die.
16 9 / 2014
Well, only mostly.
I intended to show them the consequences for misusing technology in my classroom. I simply stated the rules and all of the consequences for breaking the rules.
I may have had a too-harsh tone but all of my students followed my directions to the letter and we had no misuse of iPads during testing.
I’m hoping that means that we will have no misuse of technology during learning with more freedom as well.
Mean Ms. C strikes again this year and I have no regrets so far. I can’t wait to start teaching and learning together. I think this was the last standardized test for a while today. Tomorrow we will plow ahead with full force into literary analysis and critical thinking skills.
13 9 / 2014
Like not a single clue. Dude, it’s English class. Assume I’m talking about an author.
I almost cried hysterically.
ETA: They’re 9th graders.
12 9 / 2014
take a moment to realize you have never seen your face in person, just reflections and pictures
some scientists agree that if you saw a clone of yourself, you wouldn’t recognise it as you, because our idea of what we look like is so different from what we actually look like
This gave me anxiety
12 9 / 2014
I’m pathetic and I don’t care.
I’m about to go to bed early, honestly.
12 9 / 2014
TAG GAME: CHARACTERS WHO SHARE THE SAME PERSONALITY TYPE AS YOU
If you don’t know your personality type, take the test here.
Tagged by: fuzzycerts
Rules: Find out what characters share the same personality type as you here and list the characters that you find relevant below. Then tag five friends and let them know you tagged them!
INFJs tend to see helping others as their purpose in life, but while people with this personality type can be found engaging rescue efforts and doing charity work, their real passion is to get to the heart of the issue so that people need not be rescued at all.
That is literally me in a quote.
- Liz Lemon from 30 Rock
- Yue and Roku from Avatar: The Last Airbender
- Edward Nashton/Nigma (Riddler) and Dick Grayson (Robin I/Nightwing/Batman II) from Batman
- Huey Freeman from The Boondocks
- Nicolette “Nicky” Parsons from The Bourne Series
- Paige Matthews from Charmed
- The Ghost of Christmas Past from A Christmas Carol
- The eponymous Cinderella
- Bruce Wayne from The Dark Knight
- John and Anna Bates from Downton Abbey
- Ulysses from Fallout: New Vegas
- Cameron Frye and Sloane Peterson from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
- Shepherd Book from Firefly
- Dr. Niles Crane from Frasier
- Lindsay from Freaks and Geeks
- Walternate from Fringe
- Winston Zeddemore from Ghostbusters
- Rory Gilmore from Gilmore Girls
- Marcus Aurelius from Gladiator
- Sean Maguire from Good Will Hunting
- Vincent Crabbe, and Peter Pettigrew from Harry Potter
- Peter Petrelli from Heroes
- Judge Claude Frollo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame
- Marcus Brody from Indiana Jones
- Deandra “Sweet Dee” Reynolds from It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
- Jason Gideon and Alex Blake from Criminal Minds
- Combeferre from Les Misérables
- Aragorn and Saruman from The Lord of the Rings
- Arnold Perlstein from The Magic School Bus
- Trinity from The Matrix
- Merlin from Merlin
- Jean Valjean from Les Misérables
- Gracie Sheffield and Niles from The Nanny
- Ann Perkins from Parks and Recreation
- Erik/The Phantom from The Phantom of the Opera
- Beca Mitchell from Pitch Perfect
- JD from Scrubs
- Franky from the third generation of Skins
- Daenerys Targaryen from A Song of Ice and Fire and Game of Thrones
- Dale Horvath from The Walking Dead
Do it, it was fun!
11 9 / 2014
For everything but actual parents. Had to break out serious teacher mode and enlist counselors/administration. Things are fine but damn it, I wanted a smooth night.
I have had a glass of wine and I am lulling myself into the false sense of security that I can go to sleep without double checking my lessons for tomorrow.